One of the main directions of the regional preparetions program for St. Petersburg to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ is the construction and reconstruction of sports facilities.
All the training grounds for pre-game training and training grounds for Team Base Camps intended for training activities of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia ™ must meet standard requirements, approved by Order of the Ministry of Sport of the Russian Federation (Russian Ministry of Sport) from April 11, 2014 N 230 "On approval of the standard requirements to the training grounds, including equipping them with sports and technical equipment."
Training ground consists of the following facilities:
- playing field;
- dressing rooms;
- media center;
- other objects.
Тренировочная площадка должна быть оснащена спортивно-технологическим оборудованием
- The playing field must be of natural grass cover. Size of the playing field: length - not less than 105 m, width - not less than 68 m. Height of the turf should be between 20 mm and 30 mm.
- Marking the playing field is carried out in neat lines of the same width in white - 12 cm.
- Dimensions of the goal area - 18,32 x 5,5 m. Penalty area Dimensions - 40,32 x 16,5 m.
Training ground must be equipped with 2 dressing rooms, each measuring at least 100 m2
Training ground must be equipped with a press conferences room with a capacity of not less than 100 seats with a stage and seating for photographers and film crews.
Parking must be equipped with a separate entrance (exit) to bus participants of sports competitions.
Training ground must be equipped with covered tribune with a capacity of not less than 500 seats.
On the training ground the following items should be placed:
- players’ medical room
- Emergency power source;
- Security fencing around the perimeter of a training ground not less than 2 m high, covered with cladding material.
FIFA decided to use the FC Zenit stadium in 2017 as a Referee Base Camp Training Site on the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017.
Training ground must be equipped with the following sports and technical equipment:
- System of artificial lighting throughout the surface of the playing field, ensuring the light level is not less than 500 lux;
- Two benches, protected from adverse weather conditions;
- Two football goals.